A WOMAN charged with an assault in a Penneys has had her bail terms relaxed — so she can fly to Turkey for dental treatment.
Teresa Dinnegan, 35, jetted out to the city of Izmir for the work on her teeth on Tuesday morning, after getting the OK at Longford District Court.
Dinnegan, of Grian Ard, Longford, together with a female co-accused, was charged with assaulting another woman at Penneys in Longford Shopping Centre on March 16.
Dinnegan, who is on legal aid, applied through solicitor John Quinn to get her bail terms relaxed.
She had been subject to a 10pm to 6am curfew, to reside at an address located in the Springlawn area of town and to sign on daily at Longford Garda Station.
Mr Quinn said he was looking to have her bail conditions temporarily lifted so she could jet out to Turkey from June 14 to June 23.
He informed the court that the purpose of that trip was for “dental work”.
Dinnegan’s previous bail conditions will be reinstated when she flies back into the country next Thursday.
Sgt Mark Mahon, for the State, said the prosecution had no difficulty with the bail change application which was subsequently granted by Judge Bernadette Owens.
The court had previously heard the alleged incident, which involved a third female who was also charged with assaulting Dinnegan, stemmed from an alleged feud.
It broke out after a man was knocked down in a suspected hit-and-run on a local housing estate in January.
The victim, who is in his 20s, miraculously survived with only minor injuries.
Nine people have since been arrested in connection with that incident with gardai probing whether the man was targeted after shots were fired in the Ardnacassa housing estate on the same day.
Footage of the incident, in which young children can be heard screaming and are seen ducking for cover, is thought to be a key part of the Gardai’s ongoing investigation.
In her initial hearing in March, Dinnegan queried the severity of her bail terms, adding: “I am put on a curfew and I don’t know why because I was attacked in a store.”
Adjourning the case on Tuesday, the judge pencilled in a date of July 5 for the next hearing when directions from the Director of Public Prosecutions are expected to be made available.